Getting to the gym can be difficult, especially if you are playing video games all day. Some games draw you in for hours in hope of a level up or beating the game. Here is a full body workout and a few tips to get some exercise in between games.
- Yoga Mat
- Dumbell (comfortable weight for 1 arm)
This quick workout will help with posture, soreness from prolonged sitting, help with energy and alertness. Each set will take about 5-7 minutes. 3 sets are recommended for beginners and 5 sets for experienced, but do however many you feel comfortable. Below is the list of excercises.
1. Squats – 10 Reps
- Stand with feet shoulder length apart. Keep head up and back straight. Squat down until hips are in line with knees.
2. Push-ups – 10 Reps
- Keep feet together. Put hands shoulder width apart on the floor. Keep your bottom low to the floor. (Use yoga mat for more comfort).
3. One Arm Shoulder Press – 5 Reps Each Side
- Stand or sit, with back straight. Keep shoulders back and arms at 90 degrees. Keep core tight and raise arm above head.
- Without a dumbbell, use this exercise as a stretch to loosen your back muscles. Try to extend your hand to the sky very slowly for the rep.
4. Split Lunges – 5 Reps Each Side
- Stand with one foot in front of you and one behind, in a staggered stance. Lower yourself until back knee almost touches the ground.
- Return to push up position with elbows on floor for support. Hold the position with core tight for 30 seconds. (Use yoga mat for more comfort).
This quick, easy workout will keep your muscles active and help you achieve daily activity goals. This should not be used as a replacement for daily activity. I encourage exploring more vigorous excercises and to keep up on both your physical health and your mental health. Remember to always to take breaks from video games, be active, eat well, and hydrate throughout the day!